Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Glowsticks and Alice

Alright so, I FINALLY went and saw Alice in Wonderland. My friend from work also works at Harkins and I went with him and his friends. But, before I go into my movie critiquing, I have to mention something epic. Alright, so the only person I knew in the car on the way there was Brandon. So, there are two others guys we're all listening to techno music, which already has me highly amused; there are three straight guys listening to intense techno beats. When all of a sudden, in synchronized rhythm, they all pull out two glow sticks each and start raving. Turns out, it was planned and practiced. Then, the guy next to me is like "Hey! You get some too!" So..we all danced to techno with glow sticks. I think that was highlight of my life. Lol...highlight...glow sticks...ok I'm done.

Alright, back to Alice... Alright so...it was good? I just expected a whole WHOLE lot more. I know that it was Disney...but that totally overpowered the Tim Burton factor. The only thing that actually made it a Burton film were, The Mad-Hatter's character, and the fact that his wife was in it. It could have been intensely more quirky, trippy, mindfucky, and interesting. I was bored by the fact that it was overly cinematic...the way Disney so LOVES to do it.  Idk, I was just kind of let down; perhaps I built it up too much. HOWEVER, I did ABSOLUTELY love Anne Hathaway as the white queen and how she floated around as she walked. It was ridiculously ironic how much she over did the Disney princess cutsey/dancey/graceful reactions and poise. The use of satire almost made me like the movie. So...I'll probably watch it again because I'm so shocked I don't like it that I feel like I might change my mind, but right now...boo. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment