Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Present

I used to know this guy when I was around 13-15. I met him when I was in middle school and one year for my birthday he made me a gift. It was by far the most thoughtful thing I've ever gotten; it was very simple; a block of would carved into a heart, he had burnt designs into it, and burnt a note on the back of it. After wards it was painted to accent the rest of his work. It was all very platonic, but it was the best kind of love there is, individually crafted and uncensored.

I am not sure why, but I kept thinking about this last night. I wish I still had it, however, as a young adolescent I wasn't very responsible nor did I value much of anything >_>. I had the initial happy cry when first receiving it, but now its lost with the rest of my childhood (mom unfortunately lost her storage space in California, while dad lost his here in Arizona about a decade ago).

I don't really know if I have a point. But, if there is one its that I need to stop thinking about all the love I have lost in the world and all of the love that is dwindling. I've known beautiful people and I KNOW beautiful people. I really wish I could stop complaining and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment